Managing User Permissions and Passwords
To change a user’s password, do the following:
- Click on the Sprocket Button on the Edit User Detail Page and then “Change Password” or click on the “Change Password” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- A tray will open where you will enter the new password and then enter it again in the “Confirm Password” field. The password must be at least six characters long.
- Click on the “Change Password” button to save your changes.
- If you’ve changed your own password, you will then be prompted to log back in to RLM with the new password.
If you need to reset the password for a user, click on the Sprocket Button on the Edit User Detail Page and then “Send Password Reset Email” OR click on the “Send Password Reset Email” button at the bottom right of the screen. This will automatically send a password reset email to the user.
Please note: Only System Admins and Business Admins may manage passwords on behalf of other users.
- Click the “Forgot password?” prompt
- Enter the email address associated with your Retail Lead Management login.
- Click “Reset Password” and then check your email.
- An email will be sent to you containing a one-time link to change your password. In the email, click on “Change My Password” and you’ll be directed to a page to enter your new password, and confirm the new password. Click “Change Password” to save the change.
To deactivate a user, a System Admin or Business Admin will do the following:
- Click on “Users” in your Account Menu or at the bottom right of any page.
- From the listing page, select the user that you wish to deactivate.
- To deactivate the user, uncheck the box at the top left of the page labeled “Active”.
- To save your changes, click “Update” at the bottom left of the page.
- This user will no longer have access to RLM. The history of their activity will be saved in the system, and they can be reactivated at any time.
Please note: It is not advised to overwrite user data (i.e. name, email, etc.) as the history of the activity of the user who was overwritten will also be overwritten, however such user data may be updated as needed.